La Compagnie du Labyrinthe
- Field of intervention
- Vocational training
- Supported organization
- La Compagnie du Labyrinthe
- Country and localization
- France, Auxerre and its region
- Supported people
- more than 200 jeunes in difficulty
- Project helped in
- Amount of the support
- 25,000 euros
Training and insertion programs for young people in difficulty through live performances and running training courses
La Compagnie du Labyrinthe is an association founded in 1985, that is active in France, across the rest of Europe and worldwide, creating, promoting and producing live performances and running training courses
Since 2011, the charity has been working with disadvantaged young people from the social structures in the Auxerre area (Etablissement de Placement Educatif d’Auxerre, Joux-la-Ville detention centre, etc.) to set up theatrical and audiovisual creations.
- In 2011: Les Enfants des Vermiraux: a play about the child abuse lawsuit of 18 July 1911 in which adults were condemned following the mutiny of the boarders of the Maison des Vermiraux children's home.
- In 2012: Sur les sentiers de l’avenir: a stage and audiovisual creation based on the seven deadly sins.
Thanks to these projects, young people in difficulty develop skills which will be useful for their social and professional integration: writing the script, editing, dramatic art, speech in public, elimination of illiteracy…
The Accor Foundation* supported these two training projects through live performances and running training courses.
* In 2013, the Accor Foundation became Solidarity Accor.
We are very pleased to take part in this project, and I am particularly proud, as a franchisee to have a role to play.