Hungarian Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity
- Field of intervention
- Supported organization
- Hungarian Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity
- Country and localization
- 2 underprivileged districts of Budapest
- Supported people
- 70 families in difficulty
- Project helped in
- Amount of the support
- 20,000 euros
Help to refurbish two centers for disadvantaged families
Habitat for Humanity was created in 2001 in Hungary. It is a subsidiary of the US NGO sponsored by Brad Pitt and renovates the homes of the very poor by linking up the families with the employees of private corporations.
The Hungarian Red Cross is the Hungarian unit of the Red Cross international organization. Created in 1881, it provides medical assistance, food aid, accommodation and employment support services to particularly disadvantaged people. It runs 19 centers in Hungary.
In 2010, at the request of the AccorHotels employees in Hungary took park to these programs, the Accor Foundation* supported projects to refurbish two centers:
- Renovation of a social residence for 60 families (project managed by Habitat for Humanity).
- Renovation of a center of family’s help’ for 10 families (project managed by the Hungarian Red Cross).
* In 2013, the Accor Foundation became Solidarity Accor.
This experience strengthened by belief in the importance and value of social responsibility.