French Red Cross
- Field of intervention
- Supported organization
- French Red Cross
- Country and localization
- Haïti, Port-au-Prince
- Supported people
- Inhabitants of Port-au-Prince
- Project helped in
- Amount of the support
- 50 000 euros
Emergency Fund to help the victims of the earthquake on the 12 January 2010
The French Red Cross is an association established over 140 years ago and dedicated to combating health, social and medico-social problems on several fronts. In January 2009, the French Red Cross set up a food security and economic rehabilitation support program for the community of Anse Rouge in Haiti.
The Accor Foundation* supported 3 projects managed by the French Red Cross to help the victims of the 12 January 2010 earthquake:
- Rental for two trucks supplying the drinking water distribution sites and fuel costs.
- Purchase of 300 mosquito nets and 5,119 jerry cans.
- Donation for the psychosocial support activities of the Pétionville clinic in the West of the Port-au-Prince region.
As well as the actions of the Foundation, AccorHotels’ employees were also responsible for several initiatives taken by the brands, head offices and countries.
* In 2013, the Accor Foundation became Solidarity Accor.