- Field of intervention
- Vocational training
- Supported organization
- Planète Urgence
- Country and localization
- Developing countries (Africa and Asia)
- Supported people
- Beneficiaries of 37 solidarity missions
- Project helped in
- Amount of the support
- 127,000 euros
« Congé solidaire »: humanitarian missions for Accor France employees
Planète Urgence, a French organization founded in 2000, has developed the “Congé Solidaire” (solidarity leave). This is a mechanism allowing the employees of French businesses to go on solidarity missions in emerging countries (Africa, Asia, etc.) for 15 days. During these missions, the employees transfer their skills to the population within local structures (groups of women, village cooperatives, schools, etc.).
Since 2011, the Accor Foundation* has supported the solidarity leave of 37 AccorHotels employees.
Some of the missions performed by AccorHotels employees:
- Teaching spoken communications and body language to young people following professional tourism and hospitality training in Madagascar.
- Social and educational activities for children from primary schools in Benin.
- Communications training in a local Sustainable Development NGO in Nepal.
- Training in project management and reporting in a charity specialising in reforestation in Indonesia.
* In 2013, the Accor Foundation became Solidarity Accor.