All Accor employees rally for the 9th edition of the Solidarity Week!
The 9th Solidarity Week, running from 8 to 12 December, 2014, kicks off in Accor hotels and offices around the world! This year, over 40 countries will take part by organizing solidarity actions for the benefit of the disadvantaged, working with local charities.
A key event for Accor employees around the world, the Solidarity Week has constantly grown. The 9th edition is announced to be even bigger, with lots on the agenda: collection, volunteer work day, solidarity afternoon break, receiving charities in the hotels, decorating a solidarity Christmas tree, Christmas market, etc. Once again this year, the teams have come up with many ideas to rally themselves and help the communities around them.
Solidarity Accor, the event's initiator, invites the Paris head office teams to join in for this week of solidarity through several highlights:
- Solidarity Christmas Tree: the head office Christmas tree shall be put up with decorations manufactured by the beneficiaries of the Burmese charity FXB. More information on the project.
- Solidarity Market: sale of products manufactured by beneficiaries of 31 charities from around the world. Scarves, toys, jams, jewellery, etc.: lots of Christmas gift ideas for the staff to choose from.
- Solidarity collection: for the benefit of two charities :
- "La Cravate Solidaire" (The Solidarity Necktie), which provides men and women in difficulties with the clothes they need to go on job interviews to find work...
- "Rejoué", which promotes the training of socially vulnerable persons on an insertion workshop devoted to the collection, cleaning, repair and sale of used toys.
- Disco Soup’!: 150 kg of vegetables from the insertion market garden of the "Les Serres des Prés" charity, peeled to music by the head office staff, made into soup and served that very evening to the beneficiaries of the Restos du Coeur soup kitchen.
Finally, this year presents a brand new opportunity: Accor employees can themselves help fund the projects carried out by Solidarity Accor. Thanks to this first-ever collection, many more of them will be supporting the beneficiaries of Solidarity Accor around the world. Proud of the involvement of its employees, the Accor group has in turn made a commitment to double every euro collected!