A committed canning factory
Market gardening used as a vector for reintegration? This is the bet that "Les Jardins de Lucie" made nearly 20 years ago, by creating a professional integration project in the Lyon region (France), around the agricultural professions. Discover this project supported by Solidarity AccorHotels.
The objective for the garden: reveal to its employees their skills and know-how, which can be transferred to other fields of activity, in particular in the "growth" or "tension" sectors: building, catering, mass distribution, etc.By seeing all these benefits, “Les Jardins de Lucie” have a positive impact on their professional reintegration!
La Fabrique, or how to offer a 2nd life to surplus production
For 3 years now, Solidarity AccorHotels has financially supported the development of the activities of “Les Jardins de Lucie”. This support enabled the association to create "La Fabrique", a workshop for processing canned organic vegetables, ready meals and vegetables under vacuum.
Thanks to this project, 45 employees in integration are trained in new professions each year: catering, logistics, maintenance..., thus creating new economic outlets for the integration workshop! The “Fabrique” thus absorbs the garden's surplus production, while generating a positive impact for the association and the employees it supports.
A strong mobilization of our Lyon employees
This project could not have benefited from the support of the Endowment Fund if the local AccorHotels teams had not mobilized strongly in favour of the “Jardins de Lucie”. From 2015, Sophie Verdier, Head of Accommodation Novotel Lyon Gerland and Carole Cursio, Regional Delegate Employment Rhône Centre-Est have supported the association and its actions. At that time, she described the project as "the beginning of a beautiful experience, rich in exchanges and sharing”.
And "a real pride to represent AccorHotels Group and its businesses which can be in relation with what people in rehabilitation expect at “Les Jardins de Lucie”, to establish a dialogue and to restore their confidence! My idea of rehabilitation has completely changed."
Since then, numerous actions have been carried out in connection with various establishments in Lyon:
- Carole and Sophie hosted a breakfast "discovery of the hotel and catering trades". They also had the opportunity to speak at the inauguration of “La Fabrique”, a symbolic moment for the launch of the project!
- Donations of hotel equipments and furnitures are regularly made to the association;
- A group of 10 beneficiaries of the “Jardins de Lucie” were welcomed during Christmas holidays at the Novotel Lyon Guerland for a Christmas log making workshop - supervised by 2 AccorHotels Chefs ;
- 4 “Jardins de Lucie” employees were received for a two-week internship in hotels in order to validate their career path project;
- Finally, for several months now, Mercure Lyon Est Chaponnay has been ordering 23 small baskets of organic vegetables and fruit for its employees, twice a month at “Les Jardins de Lucie”.
This multifaceted project, combining social and environmental impact, mobilizes a large number of employees in the Lyon region. They thus bring support and visibility to the “Jardins de Lucie”, each in their own way!